Friday 21 November 2014

Using that precious wax - Pt. 2

Carefully roll candle out of mould after leaving to set.


The last photo. shows some of the various candles which QB has made for "The Hearth" Winter Fair on Sat. and Sun. 22nd and 23Nov.                                                                                                         
These are the beeswax blocks.  It's surprising
how many uses there are for plain beeswax!
Beeswax candles burn without smoke and drips.
The scent is very reminiscent of those summer hives! Add caption
Next blog QB 'll be making furniture polish - yet  another use for this amazing natural material. I'll buzz off now - see you at The Hearth. QB
 

1 comment:

  1. Of the 3 years I've been beekeeping, I've only processed beeswax once. I saw a neat process to do it in a crock pot. I need to get a crock pot! Do you ever process beeswax in one of those?

    ReplyDelete